Qualifications for Membership
The qualifications for Knights of Columbus membership, as contained in Section 101 of the Laws of the Order, are:
- Only practical Catholics in union with the Holy See shall be eligible and entitled to continue membership in the Order.
- An applicant for membership shall not be less than 18 years of age on his last birthday.
Practical Catholic Guidelines
Guidelines have been established to assist in determining the practical Catholicity of an applicant or member. These guidelines will assist the grand knight in performing his duties when serving on the council's admission committee.
These guidelines include:
- A practical Catholic accepts the teaching authority of the Catholic Church on matters of faith and morals, aspires to live in accordance with the precepts of the Catholic Church, and is in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- A practical Catholic strives to have a greater knowledge of the teaching of Christ and His Church, and to accept, respect and defend the Church's authority (vested in the Supreme Pontiff, the hierarchy and clergy united with him) to teach, govern and sanctify the faithful.
- A practical Catholic gives material and moral support to the Church and her works on all levels, promoting the programs of the parish and diocese and coming to the aid of the missions, the needy and the underprivileged; supports and advances the just causes of minority groups; endeavours to eliminate unjust discrimination, prejudice, etc.; and supports the Church in her defense of marriage and family life.
Become a Knight
For membership enquiries please contact:Michael Papper