The Knights of Columbus Belleville Council #1008 was instituted on May 24, 1905. On January 9, 1996 our Council was renamed the Archbishop Joseph L. Wilhelm Council #1008.
The original home of this Council was the old Mason’s Lodge at Pinnacle and North Front Street. Our present home is located in St. Michaels parish centre in Belleville.
Our mission is to follow in the footsteps of Michael J. McGivney, our Founder, and now the venerable Michael J. McGivney who is on his way to Sainthood.
The following is a list of some of the charities our Council has supported financially and morally
- St. Michael's Church, St. Joseph's Church, Holy Rosary Church, St. Charles Borromeo Church, Holy Name of Mary Church
- Catholic Seminarians, Chalice, Catholic Missions, Save-a-Family
- Nicholson & St. Theresa's Catholic High School student bursaries
- Gleaners Food Bank , Belleville Community Trust, Habitat for Humanity
- Pro-Life & Right-to-Life groups
- Belleville and Kingston General Hospitals
- Hospice Quinte, Lung Association, Special Olympics, Camp Trillium
- Violence Awareness & Random Acts of Kindness (VARAK)
- The Arthritis Society, Belleville Poppy Fund, Christmas Sharing
- The Belleville Police Force – adopt-a-child Coats for Kids programme